Obie One KaNewbie

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Perfectlyuncharged26, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Perfectlyuncharged26

Perfectlyuncharged26 Fapstronaut

After many relationship breakdowns I'm realising that a lack of empathy is affecting me. I think this is partly caused by an addiction to PMO.

I am hopeful that if I engage in the challenge (still not sure what it is!) and follow through with the goals herein that I will have all round healthier more wholesome relationships with friends and hopefully in time my next long-term partner or wife. It will take dedication, I'm under no illusions, though hopefully we will see rewards. Together.

2. Perfectlyuncharged26

I'm beginning my journey and I have realised that there is a slight initial problem I need to overcome. I have a number of images and videos on my mobile phone that could/will prompt a trigger.

What would be your advice in removing these shall I do that now before starting the programme?

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

bermalux likes this.
  4. bermalux

bermalux Fapstronaut

Hello and welcome to NoFap :)

For me, it was the best way to delete those things consciously from my phone or pc. If they will trigger you, ... and that´s something you don´t want?! So why should you have them since you made the decision to change your life?!

I can also recommend the NoA - Method - described here:
    http://www.yourbrainrebalanced.com/...ousal-method-celibacy-of-body-and-mind.14525/

It took a lot of discipline in the beginning, but with the time it becomes step by step a habit, not staring anymore on women, bodyparts or whatever during the day.

Wish all the best! Motivation, willing to fight, luck and an urgent need to change, work, modify and beat this addiction day by day.

Bestfootie1 likes this.
  5. Perfectlyuncharged26

I feel subdued in my first day back at work. Could be as a result of the programme (psychologically knowing I'm in now...) or could just be return to work and getting on top of email build up...

Office culture even in good respectable places (I was as guilty as the next man) is tough... Constant sexual banter and jokes. These trigger thoughts already. One person in my team was talking openly to a girl about BJs

6. bermalux

bermalux Fapstronaut

It is good, that you are aware of these things. It´s the first step, to change the way you react to it from time to time from your inside and outside! :)

for example: instead of doing also sexual jokes, bring the topic back to work or anything else, go to toilet, leave the room, have an urgent phone call and go out, read something and focus on another topic instead of encouraging the sex jokes and thoughts. I think you know what I mean. I think it is helpful especially in the beginning, to learn to switch the focus and attention away from something, which I don´t want to build up more and more.
    Good Work Bro! Be aware of yourself and everything around you! :)

D . J . and Bestfootie1 like this.
  7. Perfectlyuncharged26

The temptation even to engage in that stuff is so hard. Sex and women have become objects to titillate me. Pixels or mere ideas that I'm constantly chasing around trying to bed either consciously or at least subconsciously.

Everyone in the office is looking really hot at moment. Work seems soooo boring today. I am so unfocussed.

I'm feeling a massive sense of loss, a deep sense of resentment for engaging in this more human and positive behaviour.

Someone please remind me why I sadistically took this on.......?

8. Perfectlyuncharged26

I wanna fap off, go to the toilet and lose all my potent male energy. And effectively continue destroying myself in the vicious cycle of depression, pain and self loathing.

D . J . likes this.