UPDATE: One year free

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Warren of fleabags, Jul 30, 2023.

1. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

That’s a really good question and I don’t want to seem like I’m chickening out of it but I genuinely believe that it’s about you personally finding you own methods. Finding the (healthy) things you enjoy the most - for example, I’ve always enjoyed cooking and baking so I’ve recently made an effort to do a lot more of it. I find that eating something I have made myself ultimately gives me a lot more personal satisfaction and pride. I also made a very important decision to put my phone to one side throughout most of the day and only use it when absolutely necessary. I don’t miss it most of the time. I deleted all non-essential social media apps as well. Finally, for me, I am incredibly lucky to be married to an amazingly patient and wonderful woman who I know I can share anything with. Without her support I wouldn’t be here at all.

I wish you all the best with your personal efforts and give me an update on how you are doing - we are all in this together!

Free For Real and F84 like this.
  2. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

I'm positive you'll make it , you mentioned the essentials of recovery

Warren of fleabags likes this.
  3. Warren of fleabags

Thank you for your support, appreciate it!

4. Warren of fleabags

Today I hit the one year mark.

I’ve written about it in my other journal here on the site but I am, in that weird way, proud of my achievements. Achievements I shouldn’t be proud of because I shouldn’t have had to deal with it in the first place but tell that to past me. Past me was an idiot.

Here’s to life.

5. Steelflex

Steelflex Fapstronaut

Congratulations! One year is a great achievement. Can you please give some details about your recovery? What are the symptoms that you currently have? How have symptoms changed through the course of 1 yrs? What about your libido, has it returned, if yes, when did it return for you?

6. Warren of fleabags

Thank you.

I have had to be very strict with myself in various situations. For example, a massive issue I realised was my screen time. So now when I am at home the phone goes to the side and is only used when needed. I also no longer have it next to me at night time - it is at the other end of the room away from me if I wake up before the alarm - these situations were part of the problem. I don’t have any particular cravings for P or M, though my libido seems to still be as high as it was beforehand. The thing I think I have really realised is that this is truly an ongoing battle. It will not end. I must be constantly vigilant.

Steelflex likes this.
  7. Steelflex

Steelflex Fapstronaut

Damm it must be annoying as hell to wake up to an alarm that's on the other side of the room, hope you didn't stub your toe, trying to turn it off, half asleep! But ya keeping your phone away is good measure.

Also, through this one year, did your libido disappear and then came back again? As in during the flatline, that is if you experienced one? If yes how long did the flatline last?
    There are other symptoms that are associated with no libido like numbness of your manhood, it feeling disconnected and becoming de-sensetised, did you experience any of this?

8. Wizardrabbit

Wizardrabbit Fapstronaut

One year! Woah that's intense!
    Massive congrats to you! That's like climbing a mountain.

9. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

congratulations! its stories like these that serve as a beacon of hope!!! Thank you for the tips and making this post.