The Jedi Temple (open)

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Marcus Aurelius, Aug 25, 2019.

1. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Youngling: 2/6
    Midichlorian Count: 200

[​IMG]

2. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

I think that having some kind of meditation practice is important for the process of nofap. It can even be going for walks in nature, playing music, or generally just something that you get to feel more calm when doing. Doing too much in life is an imbalance and I think at some point your body says no and it forces you to stop so that you can only slow down.

Starting tonight I think that I will start a meditation practice again. And I will take it easy on myself this time. Last time I tried it only an hour or half an hour was good enough for me to think that it was worth it. 20 minutes seems like a solid amount of time realistically, and that works for my current work schedule. I'll start with that anyway and see how it goes. My objective is to feel more calm and less agitated in my down time. Feeling agitated is a trigger for relapse.

Lou Bloom, -Negan- and JEDI KNIGHT like this.
  3. JEDI KNIGHT

JEDI KNIGHT Fapstronaut

day 2✅
    thanks guys, i apreciate it.

@Dovahkin101 truly 12 days is a lot, to me staying away from 15-30 days brings the best results, energy, focus,determination. im not saying that after achieving that every day you feel like that, but i think the baseline of those things that i mentioned raises.
    after 30 days its about changing completly, like luxor did.

today i feel drained but i will feel better in the upcoming days.

@LLOYYD i take every picture right now from pinterest, its full of good artwork of starwars in there.
    1BF02FC8-A1E4-4E02-8B32-570C48ED4381.jpeg

4. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Very interesting. Good to know. I also have different boards for Star Wars Images as well. Well I think I tried Pinterest previously but generally posting images/GIFs on the NoFap site has been difficult to do now and since the site has locked registration for new members. I doubt I can post any new images freely from there or most due to the error of too big of the size of it or limited to how many can you fit in a post. It's annoying but at least I can use some including my old photos from previous posts here in forum.

Tip for those who aren't aware.
    Do not search in Pinterest for images/GIFs. A lot of P-sub photos over there. I barely touch that site or search there because there are too many of them there on my feed now. I can't casually search there for normal content over there anymore to save. Only there for quick images to save recommended on my email then leave immediately as best as possible.

5. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

Day 13 - Padawan

Sometimes the best way to make a positive change in your life is to change your environment in a big way by getting a different job, or moving someplace else. I'm seriously considering moving to a certain place but it will require that I make a good bit more money than I have now, and I would need to move to a different country. A lot of sacrifice, and a lot of time so I have time to think about it.

Last night I did a meditation session, and started reading a book on Buddhism which is this one https://www.dhammatalks.org/Archive/Writings/Ebooks/TheBuddhasTeachings_181215.pdf. It made me realize how much of my time I actually still waste on none-sense thoughts and fantasies that just consume my energy, attention and time.

An important aspect of mediation this teacher talks about is having intention in meditation. To focus on one thing completely, such as your breath. I think that goes for the rest of life. Our minds are very scattered and not focused most of the time. How much energy and time does that waste? Being successful in nofap won't just happen. We need single mindedness about it. Any thinking negatively about it is simply unskillful thinking from the Buddhist perspective. What thoughts will help us to stop this bad habit? That's where our focus should be, and where our actions spring from.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    Lou Bloom, JEDI KNIGHT and -Negan- like this.
  6. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Youngling: 3/6
    Midichlorian Count: 300

[​IMG]

7. JEDI KNIGHT

JEDI KNIGHT Fapstronaut

8. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

Day 14 - Padawan

I'm having one of those moments where I feel that life is taking me on a spiritual journey. There was a time when it's like I wanted others to understand me and my beliefs before I acted on creating the way of life that I want for myself. And now I realize that was a mistake because it meant that I didn't have confidence in my own vision and capabilities and that I felt I needed other peoples confirmation that I'm okay. Well I won't do that anymore. When I look at the kind of people that I respect, they don't try to convince other people of their perspective and way of life. They just share what they get out of life with those who are willing to listen. So I want to emulate that quality. That I will also simply carry on with how I wish to live my life without anyone's approval.

Lou Bloom, JEDI KNIGHT and -Negan- like this.
  9. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Youngling: 4/6
    Midichlorian Count: 400

[​IMG]

10. hantyumi

hantyumi Fapstronaut

Sry for my offline time
    Day 17

Semen retention is the key to a prosperous life!

11. hantyumi

hantyumi Fapstronaut

12. JEDI KNIGHT

JEDI KNIGHT Fapstronaut

13. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Youngling: 5/6
    Midichlorian Count: 500

[​IMG]

14. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

Day 0 - Youngling

I have messed up. Trigger was taking a bath.

15. hantyumi

hantyumi Fapstronaut

16. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut

Day 1 - Youngling

My mistake yesterday was getting a bath. From now on I can do the sauna at my gym instead because it gives the same benefits and I think I won't so easily get triggered there.

Looking at the positives in just another 5 days of nofap I would have only relapsed once in 20 days. In another 15 days only once in a month. So I really just need to keep building on what I've already learned and done. Sliding back into daily consumption of pmo is a choice, just like doing nofap is a choice, and it's a process of change. It's not going to happen all at once. Doing pmo less and less is better than doing it everyday. The important part is just making it less and less over time so that I do reach of point of letting go of it completely.

I have been changing my other habits and lifestyle over all to be more healthy and something that I actually want to do. That's why the last 15 days was relatively easy for me to stay away from pmo, as well as making the promise to do nofap. I've been spending my time on things such as my health and fitness, and lately I've been exploring my spirituality and integrating a meditation practice back into my routine.

17. JEDI KNIGHT

JEDI KNIGHT Fapstronaut

18. -Angel-

-Angel- Fapstronaut

Youngling: 6/6
    Midichlorian Count: 600

[​IMG]

19. JEDI KNIGHT

JEDI KNIGHT Fapstronaut

20. Dovahkin101

Dovahkin101 Fapstronaut