Is Loneliness Scary

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Tuf76962, Jun 26, 2023.

1. Tuf76962

Tuf76962 Fapstronaut

Hmm it is scary if I use my loneliness to relapse. Yes. However, If I can get ahold of my mind and understand the long term consequence of relapse when I am triggered. If I can think clearly in the moments when I feel all is lost. If I can love myself to the fullest extent and realize that I am enough. To realize you are enough and matter regardless of your past and what you’ve experienced. Here’s to believing there’s better out there for you even if you don’t see it or feel it today. Hope is a wonderful thing a warm lit candle in the cold dark night. Whose flame bursts for peace justice and love. You are worth it, let your light shine bright. You will be everything you are meant to be if you can just believe believe believe… what is a belief? A belief is a thought you keep on thinking if you can wire your brain for the worst you can wire it for the better. Neither is harder than the other. We just tell ourselves it is.. how cruel we are to ourselves and why? We just say that it is harder because we have wired in bad habits. Let’s have good habits. Past won’t predict my future. You deserve better. You are loved. Is loneliness that scary once you’re in control? No

2. I will try to answer your questions. Hope this helps!

"You are worth it, let your light shine bright. You will be everything you are meant to be if you can just believe believe believe… what is a belief? A belief is a thought you keep on thinking if you can wire your brain for the worst you can wire it for the better. Neither is harder than the other. We just tell ourselves it is.. "

OK this is the first point you ask. Well, I feel myself it is not about belief in ourselves, it is more about knowing ourselves. It is not we can doing anything, it is that if we know ourselves then we can know our limitations - that are always knowhere near as great as we think. This is the secret I feel. Only by knowing ourselves can we both achieve our potential but also avoid life destroying errors. I wish so much I knew myself like I know myself now when I was young. But I should also be grateful i know myself now better than I ever have.

"how cruel we are to ourselves and why? We just say that it is harder because we have wired in bad habits. Let’s have good habits. Past won’t predict my future. You deserve better. You are loved. Is loneliness that scary once you’re in control? No"

Addictions and similar bad habits I think are mainly a symptom of the simple reality that the world we live in in the 21st century is not the world we were 'meant' to live in. So we must not blame ourselves completely. Rather, look at ourselves - yes (see comment above), but also realise the world is part of the problem. So identify those aspects of that 21st century world that are bad for us. Then try and limit their negative impact. This is my thoughts on this topic.

Yes - you are loved. You are also unique and special. Often the problem is we don't know what that love really is, or where it comes from.