59 days ~

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by FireFly91, Dec 18, 2018.

1. I don't put words to my struggle in the real world.
    But here I want to acknowledge myself. With a simple new rule: no smartphone/pc in bed before I go to sleep, they are kept outside my room - I've managed to go this far. And I feel better.

2. Rocka snape

Rocka snape Fapstronaut

Congratulations champ, I agree
    About 90 % of relapses I passed through was due to using phone in bed and before sleeping.
    Keep moving on :)

888Konichiva888 likes this.
  3. Great idea! Good plan.

4. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

thats a really nice rule man...considering night is the time when I tend to be PMO'ing....any other strategies for nofap?

5. Really nice to read your comments, Chappo,Myfortress, Rockasnape.
    I have no more tips, I would like to read what's working for other men. This seem to be the single thing that keeps me out of my weekly suffering cycle. When the phone is there - I am slowly but surely pulled into PMO.
    My willpower simply isn't strong enough to put it down - maybe here and there yes, but not night after night. And we gotta win this night after night...

888Konichiva888 likes this.
  6. 117 days.
    In which there was no P. No M.
    The further I ever reached. Thanks to this rule of not going with phone into bed, charging outside the room. No other electronics in the room.

If something had turned my urges on, I would say to myself that MY BODY would care of itself at night if it needs to, but I won't break my new rule.
    So, there was maybe one O per month while asleep. But the suffering and shame is mostly gone.

But, you know what, I think i need another counter now. Because, I have another source of suffering.
    I'm a hell lot of time on FB, youtube, and other work related screen time.
    I'm in the process of shutting down my business of 3d scanning and printing, so I won't need to be so engaged with a computer in the first place.
    I'm fairly young, 27, I don't want to be isolated, shut down, lonely, even not for this success I had with my freelancing...
    So, I seek new directions...

7. That's a good point. We can get hooked on other things. I realized that I also have an eating problem. When I was home I would snack all of the time. It seems we are susceptible to lose control and it's a constant battle. But recognizing that, and talking steps to regain control is a good sign.

8. Just my anonymous update on how things are going. 168 days now with no p nor m.

For a few weeks, I've been doing some intensive work on my pc. I partily work from home.
    It involves long hours of screen time. Many times while the pc is calculating something for me, I go to youtube and watch some random content, music clips...
    These days, music clips contain things I would like to avoid in my nofap journey, but I understand my impulses, it's ok, better lifestyle ahead, this intensive work is temporary.

Also in the last couple of weeks I've been jumping rope almost daily. 4 workouts a week. Im greatful for that.

Still holding my rule of no electronics in bed, which keeps me away from p.

Thats it.

Deleted Account and Myfortress like this.
  9. Way to go congratulations.

FireFly91 likes this.
  10. Keeping all electronic devices such as smart phone or iPad out of my room has made the biggest difference on my journey. Never thought such a small change could have such a positive outcome and help me towards my goal of a year hard mode.

Myfortress likes this.