About meditation.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Framones, Nov 16, 2015.

1. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

So maybe to ease yourself into meditation, lie flat on the floor (not a bed or sofa – you don't want to kip off), on your back, either with your legs straight, or knees bent and feet flat on the floor.

Yoga could be a long term strategy.… I did a yoga class by mistake once, and thoroughly enjoyed it, although there was rather a lot of flatulence :)

2. Framones

Framones Fapstronaut

After two days i have more question for you.

I'm trying to get the habit of meditating two times a day: after waking up and before going to sleep. So during the group meditation i found not so hard to clean my mind, but trying to meditate alone has been so hard!

First of all i could resist only 20 minute and i hadn't completely focused all the time. Then i had a lot of thoughts flowing through my mind especially little songs in my head.

I just want to know from you more experts than me if you had the same or similar difficulties at the beginning of your meditation experience.

3. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

Absolutely. I think that's normal for most people. Certainly me. The trick is to notice the extraneous thought. As soon as you've noticed that your mind has drifted, say to yourself, internally, "thank you. but not just now" and go back to focusing. As you practice more, you'll get better at this, and "notice" your thoughts quicker.

This becomes a skill that you can take outside of meditation; for instance, in everyday life you may start to notice that you obsessively thinking about something, and can choose to focus elsewhere. Or you may notice you are getting frustrated or angry, and choose not to be. It's almost as if you have a higher self that can direct your mind.

4. Framones

Framones Fapstronaut

My guide told us to "welcome that disturb and bring it gently to the exit" which i think that's the same things you said in pther words... But it's so hard! No i am aware of how many thoughts flow into our mind without control... I hope to have a better meditation tonight, i'll focus more on what you said. Thanks you!

5. If you want some more info check this thread out at the link below (this question is regularly asked on a forum I use to play around on):

http://thedaobums.com/topic/12514-what-is-so-special-about-full-lotus/

6. This is a great thread thanks guys, excited that this will be the next step to a cleaner and peaceful mind

7. Framones

Framones Fapstronaut

Report: tonight i have been able to resist 30minutes meditating and i've noticed something i want to share.
    The problem of songs in my mind still persists but it seems to have less power on me.

For some istants i was completely focused only on my breath, but at the time i thought this that focus went away (lol). Still a result that i am happy for!

I noticed focusing on the sensation on my "head surface" some tickle deep in my front and nape. It's like i was able to bring that sensation around my head, i don't know how to explain.

At the end of the session (right now) i feel very very very relaxed and i was anxious/nervous before.

I think meditating is showing some very little result, but still a result is!

Tomorrow morning i'll meditate once more.

P.s. I used the half Lotus position which has been comfortable to me.

JoePineapples likes this.
  8. Nathan36

Nathan36 New Fapstronaut

ya it is good i also recommended it

JoePineapples likes this.