Anyone else cut their own hair?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by OhWhenThe, Oct 15, 2022.

1. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

Ever since Covid I've been cutting my own hair and not to pat myself on the back too much but I've gotten pretty good at it. Before then I never once thought that I could cut my hair without making a massive mess of it but actually it's really not that difficult, a few minor errors here and there to begin with but nothing life-ending. Tbh I actually cut it better now than my hairdresser ever did and the best thing is it's free. Also I used to get it cut roughly every six weeks but by the third week it would already look a bit untidy and by week 5 and 6 it would just look terrible, now I can avoid that by cutting it as regularly as necessary and keep it looking fresh.

So yeah, anyone else here cut their own hair? Any stories, good or bad?

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  2. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I've only ever shaved my own head.

My hands are too shakey to give myself a proper fade and part line.

The last thing I want is a yee yee ass haircut.

3. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

My hands were also shaking a lot when I started, plus I was sweating buckets lol but now I'm calm, I think nofap has also played a role in that.

Fading isn't that hard once you've had a few goes at it. You're best off starting with a higher guard(say fading from a 4 to a 2), that way at least if you screw it up you can just go down by half a guard and correct it, if you start at a 2 or a 1 however there's not much you can do apart from zero it all.

I either fade the back and sides or just do the same length and then on top I cut with scissors. I thought that would be the difficult part but all you have to do is pull your hair up between your fingers and chop, chop, chop. It's pretty hard to mess up tbh.

4. My husband cuts his own hair, and he loves it, because he likes to cut his hair pretty often, but he never would get it done before because it's so stupid expensive. So he would have his hair longer than he wanted it for a while until he finally went to get it cut. But now he can have it done as often as he wants and not let it get so much longer than he likes it.

He does most of it himself, but he has me clean up some parts of the back. Sometimes it looks not quite as good as others, but usually just because he did it a little too short or something. Sometimes though... holy crap, he looks super hot. Haha I like a bit of rough around the edges/punk style, which is definitely not his style at all. But sometimes the way he cuts his hair ends up looking like that, and I go nuts for it. He looks so good.

I cut my own hair when I just need a little bit of a trim, to get rid of split ends. I had done that a couple times, and one time it ended up being slightly uneven, so I thought maybe I should stop. But then I went to a salon and it cost me like 30 bucks or something for a trim that took like 10 minutes and my hair looked freaking terrible. I was so annoyed. I definitely could have done better than that person, and I would have saved 30 bucks. So when I just need a trim, I do it myself. Also, my hair is pretty wavy, which helps to hide any flaws. If it was super straight, I probably wouldn't try to trim it myself, because it would be really obvious if it was uneven. Curls/waves help a lot with that.

If I needed a more drastic cut, though, I would go to my hair lady who I know is really good, even though she is more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2022
    OhWhenThe likes this.
  5. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

I misread the title of this thread as "anyone else cut their own head" and was absolutely horrified for a few seconds, I officially need to go to bed :D

6. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Just my mustache.

7. I started buzz cutting/shaving my head after I got thrown out of my marriage. I'm starting to bald in the back and my ex-wife and her family told me they'd rather see me with hair, because its "straight and beautiful" even though I've always struggled with having a hair cut I liked (as a note, my ex's family was Puerto Rican with curly hair and afros). I actually really like the buzz cut or shaved look on me with my beard/mustache (which I also trim and keep nice). I think once my stomach fat goes away and I get more muscles, I'm gonna look so good.

stepitup likes this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Yes, I've cut my own hair since COVID, when I got to telework every day, and I'll now continue to do so in the future after COVID. I recalled an old friend who used to do so regularly, so I thought I'd try it. What a lot of money saved, too. If I make any mistake in the back, folks at work only see the front of my face anyway during zoom meetings - ha! Covid also helped me cut other things...like PMO in my life. What a blessing in many other ways, even among the obvious tragic circumstances.

OhWhenThe likes this.
  9. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

Have cut my own hair since I was a teenager. At first would just buzz it on the highest setting, but eventually learned how to give myself a fade too. It's really not that difficult once you get a hang of it.

OhWhenThe likes this.
  10. markblade

markblade New Fapstronaut

Yes... I had curly hair, I wanted to remove side parts, but I accidentally removed a lot more than I expected and finally I removed all my hair and became bold

OhWhenThe likes this.