Lessons learned from "American Sniper" movie

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Ryanellion, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Ryanellion

Ryanellion Fapstronaut

Not all movies are for entertainment purposes only.

2 main lessons I pulled from Chris Kyle's (Bradley Coopers character)

1. don't mentally give up
    -a scene in which one of Chris Kyle's squad gets shot after being indifferent about the mission...they cut to his funeral and read a letter he wrote just 2 weeks before his death second guessing everything about the conflict and himself...this caused his death inadvertently, if his head was in it and remained steadfast on the mission he would have recognized the ambush that was his end.

2. the only way to help yourself is selfless service and help others
    -our main character Chris Kyle comes back with severe Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and he goes to see the VA (veterans affairs) therapist as per his wives request because he almost killed an animal playing with his son. Chris explains to the therapist that his stress is upon the foundation of his desire to go back to war and help prevent the death of his fellow soldiers instead of remaining stateside and spending time with his family.
    His selfish desire to forget about his wife and children whom have spend multiple years without the presence of their father....
    The therapist explains to Chris that there are men there stateside whom he can help save their lives (emotionally) lost limbs and damaged spirits are lifted high by the legend of Chris and he makes them feel better by spending time with them and the service of helping these individuals helps recuperate himself back to mental normalcy.

So for you Fapstronauts, don't mentally give up and help out your fellow Fapstronauts and human beings and you will find mental stability and fortitude in return

Your brother in arms,
    Ryan

icandoit22 and Kenji like this.
  2. Kenji

Kenji Guest

I like your little analysis there, makes me kind of want to see the film now after hearing all the garbage and evil about it, true or not.

Your avatar...you get down wit teh noots bro? Webnutrients?

3. Ryanellion

Ryanellion Fapstronaut

Yes i'm a fan of Nootropics, Alpha brain and Modifinil to be exact! And yes great movie, you'll love it, reminded me of Black hawk down with a little of good will hunting ( a classic in it's own right)

4. icandoit22

icandoit22 Fapstronaut

you just got my like brah...

first of all. i really enjoyed that movie.. i almots cried when Chris decide to shoot the children who throw him a rudal.. i think thats the most crazy choice that our human being have to decide.
    in scale 1-10, this movie are 9 ..

Ryanellion likes this.
  5. Ryanellion

Ryanellion Fapstronaut

Yeah that scene was crazy where he was about to kill the kid that picked up the RPG, dude i thought he was gonna do it...I literally yelled fuck after he didn't kill the kid...crazy fucking tension there...and when you thought he was gonna kill the dog too...crazy shit those PTSD war vets go through.