Direct vs indirect method when cold approaching women

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by nfpexperiment, May 9, 2022.

1. nfpexperiment

nfpexperiment Fapstronaut

When cold approaching female strangers, she dont know you, you dont know her, don't scare the cat (=females) method, So I have been reading Day bang by Roosh V, he proposes indirect method (talking about impersonal stuff, called bullshitting) first and after this you go direct (asking personal questions about her, gives polite compliments about her looks, ask number etc). Understand that it’s through this “bullshit” that a woman begins to feel comfortable with other people.
    It makes sense, guess this seems the best way to do it.

Quote:"
    If you eavesdrop on an hour-long conversation between two women, you’ll notice that only about 5% of what they say contains content that the average spectator would consider interesting. The rest is mindless bullshit. For women, talking is a means to no particular end, while a conversation between men is almost entirely designed to convey information. Women mostly talk just to talk (bullshitting), while men mostly talk with an overreaching purpose in mind. Dropping small bait can best be described as bullshitting because you’ll drone on about props you find to be mostly meaningless, but understand that it’s through this “bullshit” that a woman begins to feel comfortable with other people. Only by bullshitting about a stupid pen for three minutes will the girl be ready to talk about other topics you may be more interested in, which will then help you get to know her on a deeper level. Bullshitting is a necessary component of building rapport with women during the day."

koolman and jcl1990 like this.
  2. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

I've read that book, too

3. After approaching more than 10000 women in 5 years I can guarantee you it’s not necessarily true.
    « bullshitting » May be appropriate in some situations. But most of the time, you won't have the creativity to do that. And besides, I'll tell you honestly that I hate talking about nothing.

Books like this one try to find a universal solution. But there are billions of men on earth, with different personalities and qualities. You have your own strengths. Maybe this stuff works on whoever wrote this book, that he's very good at doing this kind of thing. But I don't like the way he asserts something as a universal truth. When there are plenty of solutions.
    After reading this kind of book, guys don't feel free and secure. On the contrary, they feel that they are missing something. Because most of them don't know how to bullshit, including me.

you can read any book on seduction, it will always sound like the universal truth. Otherwise the book wouldn't sell.
    But nobody really knows. Because relationships are abstract. And there's not really one answer that works better than another. Except feeling good about yourself, and well-being, maybe.

Legacy of Lost Soul likes this.
  4. nfpexperiment

Yes I dont know how to bullsh1t sometimes, can be learned I suppose, but seems tiresome. Then again what to talk about to not scare the cat ?

Last edited: May 10, 2022
  5. They're never scared it's just a false belief. I approached like 10 women yesterday and none of them were scared. And if it's the case just calibrate : "I didn't want to scare you, i just saw you walking and I wanted to say hi" :)

6. nfpexperiment

O
    Ok, if after you said this politely and they still dont want to talk, leave them in peace, move on, I suppose.

koolman and Legacy of Lost Soul like this.
  7. StoicContemplation

StoicContemplation Fapstronaut

Although I might have been the one who has suggested you to read this book, I would also advise you not to intellectualize and universalize this stuff too much. Reading books about approaching women can give you the impression that there is a great mystery to be solved. That you need to follow a rigid system in order to attract women. Such an approach is pointless because by integrating such a belief, you will never feel ready for action ["I'm not good at bullshitting, thus I won't approach"].

That being said, I must say that this book did help me in putting myself in front of girls as it made the idea of approaching more tangible. I think it touches on some good points like talking in a way that compels someone to ask you questions, and how being chatty actually can make someone comfortable [something I have found to be the case on a lot of occasions]. Obviously, it has flaws and it shouldn't be read as a universal truth, as @Spirituss mentioned.

Reading can never be a substitute for action.

Spirituss likes this.
  8. nfpexperiment

Ok, so I have been thinking, indirect approach requires some creativity and some rambling or bullsh1tting that is talking about impersonal non important stuff like Roosh V proposed to do, I think succesrate will be higher if you have developed this rambling bullsh1tting skill. If you dont have the creativity to do this, well just do direct approach ("hi goodday, saw you and think you look nice, how are you doing ? Whats your name, I hope I am not bothering you...."), you will scare some cats (=ladies) but some cats will not be scared, so you will have some success if you approach many cats, meanwhile try to develop rambling skills or if you dont want to waste time with developing this, just keep doing direct approaches and learn to accept rejections.