Depression over break up

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by ltom92, Mar 21, 2017.

1. ltom92

ltom92 New Fapstronaut

Hi guys i am Lijo, its nice to be a part of nofap community.

I have been maturbating all my life and i dint realize why i had such low confidence and anxiety until i read the about the problems fapping results in.My addiction got a lot stronger when my ex left me which was around 8 months back.I missed sleeping with her so much and i missed her body and she knew how to play with my strings very well.She used sex as a weapon against me and i was way too stupid not to understand it because i trusted her way too much and was too deeply in love with her.After my break up i felt like i dont want to live anymore i was lost and i had forgotten my purpose in life because i had put her above all my priorities.

I always felt like killing myself because it hurt so bad especially because she cheated on me.I was very suicidal, i felt like jumping out of my balcony everytime i felt pain inside, i started fapping to get over that feeling of pain and then i increased my fapping from once to thrice a day and on to this day i have been masturbating 3 times a day daily.Now it was gotten me under its claws and its very hard for me to break away from it.

I need to stop because i am having huge anxiety attacks and my self esteem is always low and i have no confidence nowdays.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Saskia and D . J . like this.
  2. fercho29

fercho29 Fapstronaut NoFap Defender

Hi @ltom92 . welcome to NoFap
    It is a big step if you can understand what is triggering your urges, because this will allow you to be awake and kill those urges as soon as they appear.

I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318
    You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.
    Let's keep on fighting

Fercho

3. ltom92

ltom92 New Fapstronaut

Hi @fercho29 ,

Thanks a lot for the share
    I did check out your emergency tool box and i know it will help me with my sudden urges, these are definitely the tools i was looking for.
    This is one site i wish i had known about a long time ago and now im glad i found it and has already started working for me.

fercho29 likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

How are you progressing today?

What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

5. ltom92

ltom92 New Fapstronaut

Hi @D . J .
    Thank you bro
    My ex started talking to me again and she says she wants toget back withh me but we are in two different countries and i am not planning on going back to her again.After her message came in, i started thinking about her and lost my mind and went back into it.I couldn't help it and i din't want to open this website because i dint want to stop myself.Now i feel like i should have and i regret it.

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut