How do you get rid of Jealousy/Inferiority

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by FaithWithGod, May 9, 2023.

1. FaithWithGod

FaithWithGod Fapstronaut

So there was this girl I really liked but she ended up friendzoning me. So like most people I got pissed off and started to distance myself from her. I even stopped being nice to her. But now she's like playing victim card and making me feel bad. Like when she would sit like close to me in class she would knowingly move her chair a bit further from me and sit next to a Guy(Which she openly told me is a type of guy she wouldn't even give a chance at dating) and uses that guy to make me feel Jealous.
    And I don't know somehow it's working for her and I feel like shit sometimes.
    How do I manage or counter this feeling

Tafi and gouda like this.
  2. joshuar

joshuar Fapstronaut

The more you start to work on yourself and feel better about you, the more you won't care what this woman thinks of you and realize there are plenty of fish in the sea.

In fact, in my experience the more I feel better internally the more I dont have to resort to childish things like ignoring a woman if she chooses to be with someone else or whatever.

Chances are she will end up seeing how well you are doing and feel attracted to you

FaithWithGod and gouda like this.
  3. depeche69

depeche69 Fapstronaut

Islamic solution for envy

1. say Alhamdulilah (praise be to God) and move on. O Allah you bless them and bless me too! "
    2. "And do not covet that with which Allah has distinguished some of you above others. " (4:32)
    3. "Look, we bestow more favor on some than others" (17;21).
    4. if you are satisfied with what they have received, you are satisfied with what Allah has actually given them.
    5. when you make a dua for someone else, the angels make the same dua for you
    Allaahumma baarik - Increase what you give them and put blessings in it

Envy towards others

1. comparison is the thief of joys
    2. every person is unique and has received different gifts from life
    3. look away and do not ask specifically
    4. be aware that you are not the only one who suffers from envy
    5. see the disadvantages! Recognize the hardships! Look specifically for the bad aspects of the envied one
    6. be aware of what you have yourself; practice gratitude
    7. think about your own successes and your golden time in the future
    8. see envy as an opportunity to be above your envy. Practice dealing with negative emotions
    9. everyone is entitled to a happy life and to strive for it
    10. compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today" J.Peterson
    11. recognize the price! The envious one sees only the bed, but not the spade
    12. that hot girlfriend someone has could be a head wrecker or cheater. The new job could be hurting health due to stress or not what it's cracked up to be.
    13. if you can't stop thinking of others and their lot, then think of all the people that would be envious of you and what you have. There are most likely things that you take for granted and would not appreciate while you have it.
    14. new opportunities may arise; e.g. new girlfriend.
    15. think of your future successes; e.g. new friends
    16. abundance mentality - there are so many women
    17. think of the envy she creates by flirting with other men
    18. imagine the stress of the patchwork children
    19.Look at the situation from the other men's point of view

MusicIsLife and nonanino like this.
  4. MusicIsLife

MusicIsLife Fapstronaut

I have that kind of thing as well, so I can understand what you mean. I haven't solved it in my own as well, but I try to at least by accepting and realizing we can't control what others think of us.
    And also try to realize that jealousy is pretty much useless and serves no purpose other then make us sad about what we can't control.

Amazing list, gotta save it for myself for hard times.

5. tingalmon

tingalmon New Fapstronaut

I think that you shouldn't get rid of it and instead use it to motivate yourself to become stronger, smarter, and reach a certain level of hotness where she's sad that she passed on you.

Directed anger is a strong force, because when you're not happy with your life I think it gives you the chance to change it.

Good luck on your journey!

6. regenerator38

regenerator38 Fapstronaut

I would just forget about her and move on. The best way to deal with those conflicting situations is to ignore the other person.

Forgive and forget. Look for your own path. You will have happy moments with other girls.

7. I would recommend that you try to understand her. She has no obligation to be romantic with you. Rightly she's probably not so happy that you've reacted like this (in her world it might seem you were only nice to her because you thought she might date you). You should communicate your feelings to her and clear the air, like respectable adults.

I think obsesssing over a rejection for months is a form of self-abuse that absolutely shouldn't be recommended. He should motivate himself to do stuff because it good for him, not because it makes some random women regretful or whatever.

8. The further along you go with NoFap the less you will care. Just Ignore her and she if she comes running back. Or maybe just openly flirt with another girl in front of her.

9. Tafi

Tafi Fapstronaut

Ignore her, and show her you don't care. That will kill her from inside.