It’s kinda unbelievable (2 weeks)

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by BrighterFuture, May 2, 2024.

1. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

I’ve read both sides about retention, those who swear about the benefits, and those who swear their life got worse after retention, It’s a difficult process, but it’s worth a shot

It seems unreal how alive everything seems, the surrounding seems more vibrant, going outside is less scary, I feel lighter, colorful, it’s like watching curious George, it’s just beautiful

Sure I still have anxiety of approaching people, I get lightheaded and sometimes I question and doubt this process, but I’ve seen improvements.

I’ve went to counseling, I got my blood tested, gotten more motivated to cook food and eat more, started writing daily as of 3 days ago,

This might be irrelevant to most, but I can feel hungry, which is something I never felt, since my addiction got in the way of my physical feelings.

I was rotting in bed because I kept thinking I needed more, just one more time, this time will be better. But we all know how this goes, Nofap is a process. An investment really. I can confirm, PMO made living the last 7 years seem like a sad fog, or a distant land without sand.

While yes, Im still struggling with withdrawal symptoms, but generally things have improved and I can feel things better than before. I’m planning to keep this going, but if I relapsed anytime soon that’s alright, Ive already gained so much, I’ll just do it all again :):D

2. OneAdam12

OneAdam12 Fapstronaut

The part that makes retention difficult is the desire to crank one out rather than just powering through the psychological discomfort. Even after 6 years of NoFap and long streaks I’m still fighting those uncomfortable feelings. But overall my mental and physical health is better than what it ever was. PMO is an insidious enemy to everyone. It takes time but eventually the desire to PMO goes away. The desire to MO will always be there in the absence of real sex. But for me personally, I try to maintain monk mode as much as humanly possible.