35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Here, here.

Fantastic motivational message there guys, really appreciate it @x_Nocturnalis_x messages like these make you feel good for what has been achieved so far, it's gonna be a long road but we're on the right track just keep doing what we're doing.

It does get easier with time, I have always found 21- 25 days in is where most of the urges and head games disappear and the cognitive benefits start to kick in, it feels awesome I want to get that back.

2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I’m amazed how obvious it is that defeating PM leads to a significantly better life.

I can see it.

The time to rewire a brain for me is like like you - 20-25 days. Nothing really.

I know this. Yet here I am at 4 days an 3 hours from now I could buy into
    a stupid idea and be resetting my counter again.

My “favorite” dumb ass addict reset is “phew! Glad I figured that out! What a relief! Might as well PM now that I’ve figured it out!”

The excuses are many but they are all dumb.

once at 6 months twice at 2 months PAWS hit me and I had no idea what it was. But every other of the thousands were comically stupid.

In 2 weeks from now you are a few PAWS attacks away from freedom brother! Awesome progress.

I’m 10 days behind but I’m still in 1 day at a time until 25ish. If I feel good about my prospects now - time to be vigilant. That’s a huge (stupid) trigger for me lol.

3. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

That's the spirit, together all of us will weather this early storm with you bro let's get to 14 days then we're almost there.

Bro I've Seen you go on long streaks before 30 days and beyond so I know you can do it bro. Let's get it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2024
    Sam78, GottaBFree and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  4. Sam78

Sam78 Fapstronaut NoFap Defender

[​IMG]

Congratulations on finishing one year man! That is huge!!

Mara43, JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  5. Sam78

Keep up the good work brother

Mara43, JJ_Kino, born3 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sam78

Yeah brother, stay strong, you've got three weeks to go until your brain resets. I'm trying to make it to about three weeks as well to get the same and to get some energy back. How about we support each other and get this behind us?

7. Pretty bad binge. Tomorrow is a new month. I've dug myself quite a hole let's see if I can't get out with some me time!

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and Sam78 like this.
  8. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Checking in - today I mark one year of no PM. Thank you to everyone on this forum for your support and stay strong knowing that it is possible.

Mara43, Rudolf Geyse, JJ_Kino and 5 others like this.
  9. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Congrats mate. :D

JJ_Kino, Sam78 and Warren of fleabags like this.
  10. Sam78

No worries, like you said tomorrow is a new month and offers a new chance to start building a streak. You got this. Anything that you learned from this to take with you as you face urges the next time?

JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  11. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Small wins! You’ve got this!

x_Nocturnalis_x and JJ_Kino like this.
  12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I like it. Here’s to our upcoming freedom!

JJ_Kino and Sam78 like this.
  13. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Congratulations on one year! That is quite an achievement.

14. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Thanks, you too brother.
    Count me in. I am done with that old way of living.

15. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Mara43 and JJ_Kino like this.
  16. Raskolnikov II

Raskolnikov II Fapstronaut NoFap Defender

Awesome work brother. What are some of the things/ideas that have helped you the most?

17. Sam78

I relapsed again last night and am starting over and aiming to make it through all of May by distracting myself as much possible... will also work on processing my feelings and implementing healthy behaviors.

Rudolf Geyse, born3, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I like that you are here. It’s always a good sign and start - especially if it gets tough to start a new streak. You’ve got this.

Sam78, JJ_Kino and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  19. Warren of fleabags

Warren of fleabags Fapstronaut

Thank you!

Thank you very much!

Thank you - it has meant a massive shift in the way I lead my everyday life. A big thing that has helped has been an amnesty on screens - when I come home from work the phone is put to one side and only used when absolutely needed. I have invested myself more in things like cooking for the family and needed that strong mindset to keep going. It has not been easy by any stretch of the word but it’s worth it.

JJ_Kino, born3, Sam78 and 1 other person like this.
  20. Sam78

Thanks brother. I appreciate the encouragement! How are you doing right now? Is there anything that you're struggling with?

GottaBFree, JJ_Kino and born3 like this.